Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My New House Guest . . .

I’m not sure what the average age is for ‘meeting’ your imaginary friend, but in our house it is 3 ½. Nora’s little friend is named Rosie. As in Caillou’s little sister. For those of you who have young ones, you know this family of Sproutland. For those of you who don’t, you’re very lucky.

It was really quite funny the first night she started talking to her. It was this past Monday night. The part that creeped us out a bit was the fact that we were watching the TV show “The Ghost Whisperer” which I DVR. (I’m a couple of weeks behind b/c I was depressed with the story line. If you watch, you know what I’m talking about.) Anyway, if you’ve never watched the show, Jennifer Love Hewitt plays a lady who ‘sees dead people’ and helps them ‘cross over’.

So tell me, if you’re watching such a show and out of nowhere your little one says, “Come on Rosie lets go in here. Be careful and step over that” as she points to my laptop drop cord, how would you feel????

And, if in addition to the show, your husband or significant other just so happens to be a Funeral Director/Embalmer, do you think that might add a new level of creepiness?

Keith and I just looked at each other, slightly confused.

So we asked her who Rosie was. She said, “Caillou’s sister.”

Ok. Breathing can return to normal.

So now when Nora takes a bath, Rosie takes a bath. When we wash Nora’s hair, we wash Rosie’s hair. When we dry Nora’s hair, we dry Rosie’s hair.

Get the picture? It is really quite cute. Now, anyway. She did ask me that same night where Rosie was. I had to explain to her that she was the only one who could see her so she would have to keep up with her. It did help when we were going to sleep and Nora wouldn’t settle down. She asked again where Rosie was and I told her she was lying on the pillow beside her asleep so she needed to be quiet. LOL!

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that right after the introduction of Rosie to Keith and me, he had to go out on a ‘pick-up’.

Quite a night in the James house.

1 comment:

Brad and Shana said...

Apparently, I had an imaginary friend named Eddie. And, apparently, I used to blame him for all of my wrong doings. Still to this day, my aunts and other family members will ask me if Eddie did it (or whatever). I say apparently, because I obviously don't remember him and you can't prove to me that this is not some made up story- ha ha.

But just wait til Nora figures out that she came blame Rosie for stuff......it's hard to discipline someone you can't see. :)

And, by the way, the whole Eddie thing is just too farfetched.....like I would name any friend of mine Eddie :)