Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Couple of Nora Stories . . .

1. How to know when Nora has spent the day alone with her dear old Dad:

Lying in bed Wednesday night, I was tickling Nora and picking at her.

She, in a very serious voice said, “Mom, if you don’t stop, I’m going to fart at you.”

Ok. Maybe that’s not appropriate to report in blog land, but it is my life. I should always question what Keith and Nora will be doing when he has a day off with her. I need to make sure they are active in some way with little time to converse. Maybe then she will stick to the innocence of ‘fluffing’ and not the harsher references my husband teaches her.

2. Where, oh, where has Grandpa’s hair gone??

Tonight, we had some candles burning on the bar in the kitchen. Nora climbed up in a barstool and leaned over them. Here’s the ensuing conversation:

Nora: “Ooh, that’s fiery.”

Keith: “Be careful and don’t get your hair near them. It’ll burn it off and you’ll look like Paw.”

Nora: “Dad is that what happened to Paw. Did he get caught in a fire?”

For those of you who do not know my father-in-law, he has been mostly bald since his twenties.

I guess I am lucky that the conversation ended in innocence. I’m sure at some point in her life Nora will hear the story of Dad, his buddies, a lighter, let’s just say a little natural gas and a not so fun way to learn the pain fire can cause.

I’ll spare you all the details and pray my little girl avoids the lighter.

1 comment:

Brad and Shana said...

Kellie,

I'm so glad you started blogging, just so I could read stories like this. They are both hilarious, but of course, my favorite is the fart story. What a delicate little flower you have there.

Funny stuff.
Shana