Sunday, November 9, 2008

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Nora Faith!

As I look at this picture, I look to the future. I look to the day that my beautiful baby girl weds the man of her dreams.

I then think of the reception with all the food, fellowship, and that sentimental video playing of pictures from her childhood. Ah, the tears of joy and sadness that will come as memory after memory is flashed on the big screen.

And then this picture will appear.

And the tears will become the result of the laughter surrounding this photograph as I retell the story of the day at Burt’s Pumpkin Farm in Dawsonville, Georgia. I’ll recall what a germophobe I was and how I made my sweet little girl wear a pull-up that day so she wouldn’t have to use a Port-a-Potty.

And as we walked among the huge pumpkins and selected one of our own, I will tell how we noticed Nora was hiding among the biggest. I thought that it was a great photo-op. However, my little girl looked up at me as I snapped picture after picture and sweetly said, “Mom, why are you taking pictures of me pooping?”

Yes. The Great Pumpkin Poopfest. What fond memories I will be able to share as Nora not-so-proudly listens on.



It is so great to be a parent. He! He!!

2 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Oh my word.....that is hilarious!

Stacia said...

That is too funny!! I tried to get Makaylee to wear a diaper the other day just to see what she would do but she wouldn't have anything to do with it.