Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Listen to your child's prayers . . .

So, I was alone that morning getting ready for a doctor's appointment. I knew my doctor would be adjusting the medication I took for the herniated disc I have and I decided I should take a pregnancy test just to be safe.

As I sit there, waiting for the result and really not thinking it would be positive, I glance over and what do you know. It says 'Pregnant'. Wow.

I immediately throw the magazine I was looking at in the trash. Don't know why, just felt like the right thing to do at the time.

Keith was on a death call, so I didn't know when I would be able to talk to him. I called his cell and they were, we'll say, in an inopportune moment and he could not talk. I asked him to call me back as soon as he could.

A while later, he called and I asked if he was there alone. Fortunately, he was.

I told him I had something to tell him, which, of course, makes him a wee bit nervous. Without knowing a better way to do it, I just blurted, "I'm pregnant."

Silence.

Then, "No, you're not." Oh, yes I am.

Needless to say, it has been a whirlwind ever since. I am now almost 15 weeks and due July 10th.

Oh, and back to the title of this post. Nora had begun praying for a brother or sister just weeks prior to us finding out we were expecting. She proceeded to pray for twins, which I quickly put a stop to. Momma can only handle so much.

Below is a picture I took of her and Keith actually saying her prayers one night. At this point, she would only whisper her prayer, to keep it secret from me, but we already knew her prayer was answered. The image on the top right is from our second ultrasound.

1 comment:

Brad and Shana said...

Kellie,

That is so incredibly sweet. I was so tickled when we got your christmas card and there was the hint that you were pregnant....I've been meaning to call ever since and congratulate you. That is wonderful news! So, many congrats to you. And, many prayers for a healthy happy pregnancy and that sweet little baby!

Much love,
Shana