Monday, September 29, 2008

A Note to Santa

Oh, yes. It is that time of year again. We have been asking Nora what she would like for Santa to bring her. Last year it was a bike, a bike hat (aka helmet), and drums. Of course, these items were all aglow on Christmas morning for her as she ran away crying.

So, this year we are hoping for a little more happiness on Christmas. When asked this year what she wants, Nora continuously says, "I still want a dolly house." Its the only thing she has consistently asked for, until this morning.

She had a little accident last night that kept us up all night and so I stayed home with her today. As we sat on the couch watching volcano Dora for the third time, she pulled out the Fisher Price catalog that came in the mail and asked me to read it to her. I had her pick out what pages she wanted me to read. And I read. And read. And read. I sounded like an advertisement for them as I read all the little ads for the products they were selling.

After quite a while of reading, she took the catalog from my hand and closed it. She then proceeded to give it back to me and said, "Tell Santa, I want everything."

Enough said.

Oh, but I guess there is one more thing. Santa, if you're reading this, Nora wants everything in the Fisher-Price Fall 2008 Shop-at-Home Catalog.

And, she still wants that dolly house.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

A woman that knows what she wants and isn't afraid to say so. You have to appreciate that.